About the company
JSC "MAHISTRALNI GAZOPROVODY UKRAINY" was established in the end of 2016 to fulfill Ukraine's obligations under the Third Energy Package, which provided for unbundling of natural gas transmission activities from its supply and production.
JSC "MGU" is a sole owner of a 100% share in the authorized capital of LLC "Gas TSO of Ukraine", which carries out activity for transmission of natural gas.
The company successfully implements corporate reform in Ukraine, in particular through establishment and functioning of an independent supervisory board, and makes all necessary efforts to ensure gas independence of Ukraine.
Our goal is:
As a result of effective completion of the procedure for unbundling of activities for transportation and storage (injection, offtake) of natural gas, to ensure:
- uninterrupted transmission of natural gas by main gas pipelines;
- preservation and maximization of transit of natural gas to Europe, with potential involvement of foreign partners;
- efficient operation and reasonable management of main pipeline transport facilities;
- development and improvement of the Gas Transmission System, natural gas market, and further reform of the energy sector of Ukraine.
Activities of the Company at all levels are determined by:
honesty; reliability; openness and objectivity; inadmissibility of dishonesty in the work of the Company and relations with the state, business partners, third parties;
intolerance to corruption in all forms and protection of persons who report violations in the Company and help prevent and combat corruption.
We are focused on professional growth and adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior.
We are consistent and fair in our attitude to the law and the state, our employees, business partners, and third parties.
Our employees and persons who perform work or provide services in accordance with the contract with us are prohibited from performing any illegal actions aimed at "simplifying" the established rules and procedures.
We are public in our relations with the government and other stakeholders.
Our values are our principles:
Effective, rational, open and honest activities of the Сompany in accordance with the current legislation, based on the principles of integrity, and support of implementation of such practices by business partners.
The subject matters of activity of the company are as follows:
1) safe, reliable, and efficient functioning of the gas transmission system;
2) attraction of investments within the framework of the legislation for the purposes of development of the gas transmission system;
3) financing of investments, envisaged by the development plan of the gas transmission system for the next 10 years, including financing of joint investment projects between the gas transmission system operator and any interested party pursuant to the applicable legislation;
4) preparation of proposals for the development and formulation of state policy in the oil and gas complex, within its competence, including participation in the formation of the long-term forecasts, perspective and current plans for the economic and social development, target complex scientific-technical, economic, investment and social programs of the Company and gas transmission system operator according to the strategies of state development in the oil and gas complex;
5) integration of the national natural gas market into the single natural gas market in accordance with international obligations of Ukraine, in particular, within the framework of the Ukrainian legislation;
6) cooperation and interaction of the gas transmission system operator with gas transmission system operators of other states, in particular, the states of the Energy Community, including through participation in the framework of the current legislation in the operational arrangements, with the aim of creating regional (international) natural gas markets;
7) taking measures to improve the reasonable use of energy resources and environmental protection by the gas transmission system operator in compliance with the requirements for the separation and independence of the gas transmission system operator in accordance with the ISO unbundling model;
8) development of mutually advantageous external economic relations, commercial and economic, scientific and technological cooperation between the Company and the gas transmission system operator.