On December 15, 2020, in Kyiv
Under the Charter of JSC "MGU" and the decision of the Supervisory Board the selection of candidates for the position of JSC "MGU" General Director is launched.
Ministry of Finance of Ukraine manages state-owned corporate rights in JSC "MGU".
JSC "MGU" was established at the end of 2016 to fulfill Ukraine’s obligations under the Third Energy Package, which provided for the unbundling of natural gas transportation activities from its supply and production.
JSC "MGU" is the sole owner of 100% shares in the authorized capital of LLC "Gas TSO of Ukraine", which performs natural gas transportation.
JSC "MGU" Supervisory board acts as General Meeting of LLC "Gas TSO of Ukraine".
Moreover, the Company successfully implements corporate reform in Ukraine, in particular through the establishment and functioning of an independent supervisory board, and makes every effort to ensure the gas independence of Ukraine.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of JSC "MGU" General Director:
- Performance of JSC "MGU" obligations under sale and purchase agreement of shares in the authorized capital of LLC "Gas TSO of Ukraine";
- Representation of JSC "MGU" interests, consensus building, and sustaining relationships with various Ukrainian and international stakeholders including Ministries, IFI’s, regulators;
- General management of the company, upkeep of transparent management;
- Control of the financial results of the company, including conducting annual audits and disclosures;
- Other duties and responsibilities under the JSC "MGU" Charter.
- Ensuring that corporate governance of JSC "MGU" is based on OECD principles.
Applicants willing to participate in the selection must submit the following package of documents by sending them at email@example.com by 20 January 2021 (telephone for information: (044) 364 32 75), namely:
- Application for participation in the selection should be addressed to the Chairwoman of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of the Supervisory Board of JSC "MGU" Karina Luchinkina. The application must contain information about the applicant – full name of the applicant, applicant’s registration address, contact phone number, email and the following documents:
- Bio or resume (in Ukrainian or/and English);
- Declaration of the absence of conflict of interest with JSC "MGU" (in Ukrainian and English);
- Consent to the processing of personal data (in Ukrainian and English)
Candidates who will be accepted to the second stage of the competition will be interviewed by the JSC "MGU" Supervisory Board. For them following documents in Ukrainian or English will have to be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 February 2021 (prior to the interview):
- copy of personal ID;
- copy of employment record book (if any) or other document certifying work experience (in the absence of the employment record book, copies of reference letters with dates of employment or a report on collected recommendations)
- copy of diploma(s);
- copies of documents about additional education, knowledge, management experience and practical skills, which are desirable or necessary for the fulfillment of his / her duties, taking into account the main directions of activity, strategy of JSC "MGU" (if any);
- copy of a criminal record certificate of a competent authority of the country of residence;
- copy of references and other documents at his / her discretion.
The applicant is personally liable for the accuracy of the submitted documents and information.
Financial and economic data are available on the JSC "MGU" website.
The applicant for the position of CEO has to meet the following requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field (Economics, Law, Finance, Engineering, Science, International Relations, Business Administration);
- Gravitas, political tolerance, ability to protect the company's interests at different levels, and communication skills;
- Proven track record in building and managing high performing team (10+ people);
- Self-starter, organized, structured approach to achieving results and getting things done, tracked record of successful implementation of projects;
- Ability to manage the challenges associated with work with state bodies and state-owned enterprises; understanding of legal and compliance obligations associated with being an officer of JSC;
- Proven track record in stakeholder and partner management including Ministries, International Financial Institutions, Regulators;
- Advanced understanding of corporate governance best practices;
- Advanced understanding of Ukrainian and European energy issues especially gas markets
- Experience of work in the energy industry; or in the state-regulated company, consulting or IFI dealing with those will be considered an advantage;
- Impeccable reputation, high ethical standards and be viewed as trustworthy;
- No criminal record and limitations to the ability to hold the position;
- Language requirement: Ukrainian.