Requirements for Commercial Gas Analyst of MGU:
High profile opportunity to work as the Gas Analyst with the future independent TSO operator in the strategically important Ukrainian 100% state owned Public Joint Stock Company MGU.
- Provide fundamental analytical support, analyze and summarize key gas industry trends and the impact they have on the Company’s commercial strategy;
- Play a lead role in analyzing, recommending, preparing and supporting gas industry reform in Ukraine;
- Develop recommendations for gas industry reform activities and distribute to key stakeholders. Ensure data and information are managed effectively, efficiently and securely as appropriate across gas industry of Ukraine;
- Anticipate alternative market outcomes and develop scenario analysis and contingency plans to drive the Company’s strategic direction;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex datasets and markets, drawing out key trends and insights, as well as economic and business rationales for decisions based on fundamental analysis and primary research;
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts through establishing regular contact and networking;
- General and administrative reporting duties to the Acting CEO of the Company and Supervisory Board members;
- The role will be based in the offices of the Energy Community Secretariat in Kyiv and Vienna and in the offices of MGU in Kyiv so ability to occasionally travel to Vienna is essential.
- Initiate analysis, provide insight and presentations on the gas industry in Ukraine and abroad;
- Produce reports, insights and technical papers as agreed with the Management team;
- Coordinate and manage all analytical and consultancy activity connected to gas industry reform;
- Contribute to plans for gas industry reform to be supported by Company management and the stakeholders, update this plan on a regular basis according to the government action plans and reforms;
- Undertake projects and fulfil other duties, including facilitating and reporting on meetings, as may reasonably be required, in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge, abilities and personal development opportunities;
- Distribute information on Ukrainian and European gas market reforms to the Company and stakeholders.
Recommended educational background and skills
- University degree (preferably master’s degree) in Business with concentration in economics, finance, mathematics or technical field;
- Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian and EU energy market;
- Fluent spoken and written Ukrainian and English (gas sector specifics);
- Preferably experience of working on complex international projects;
- Strategic thinking and leadership;
- Analytical skills;
Recommended professional experience
- 5+ years’ work experience, preferably in commercial business development or analytical functions, engineering, finance, or public relations in the gas/energy sector;
- 3+ experience within the gas/energy traders, gas/energy distribution companies, deep understanding of the technical and legislative aspects of the domestic and international gas/energy markets;
- Experience in the energy sector and understand the gas sectors of Ukraine and its stakeholders’ knowledge in various components of the energy sector especially in gas market;
- Experience with presentations and interactions with senior management, including the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively;
- Broad understanding of the global energy and power sectors, particularly natural gas;
- Experience relating to Ukrainian energy markets and energy market reform, Ukrainian state-owned enterprises;
- The candidate has a broad understanding of the global energy and gas sectors. The incumbent has a financial, technical and business background as well as the ability to quickly understand and evaluate new opportunities in a continually evolving space.
- Solid understanding of the natural gas markets;
- Understanding of market drivers that influence regional basis prices and physical flow of natural gas;
- Ability to negotiate effectively and influence sensitively in cross-cultural setting;
- Strong quantitative skills; comfortable with large datasets and building complex models;
- A natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely;
- Rigorous attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work;
- A track record of thinking critically and developing thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions.
Competitive Salary according to qualifications
Please send your CV in English with Cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this role hr @ mg.org.ua. Please specify the name of the position in the email subject.
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2018.