Requirements for Head of Legal Department of MGU:
High profile opportunity to work as the Head of Legal Department with the future independent TSO operator in the strategically important Ukrainian 100% state owned Public Joint Stock Company MGU.
Possibility to apply for a position in the permanent Executive Board that will be selected over the future period.
- Managing the TSO’s legal position relating to general legal, labor law and claims matters and ensuring the support of all contractual relations;
- Ensuring the legal support of the Company, Executive staff and SB members in the issues related to operational activities of the Company and unbundling process as a whole;
- Supporting negotiations with international counterparts, stakeholders, Government representatives, IFI`s;
- Liaising with relevant government ministries and regulatory authorities and developing productive working relationships within the legal framework of the unbundling process (assets/shares transfer, TSO certification, corporate governance, etc.)
- Development of the TSO’s legal and other internal policies;
- Progress reporting about initiated legal action;
- General and administrative reporting duties to the Acting CEO of the Company and Supervisory Board members;
- The role will be based in the offices of the Energy Community Secretariat in Kyiv and Vienna and in the offices of MGU in Kyiv so ability to occasionally travel to Vienna is essential.
- Line managing the TSO’s legal department (incl. meeting performance and budget targets) with all its specified tasks;
- Determining the legal policies to be followed by the TSO;
- Advising the TSO’s management and executive body in all legal affairs;
- Review and approval of all agreements and contracts entered into by the TSO;
- Deciding about legal actions in connection with:
- Individual labor contracts;
- Delays or defaults in payments by customers;
- Contracts and agreements of the TSO with customers, suppliers or partners;
- Selecting (as a support to the procurement function) and (high level) operational controlling of third-party legal support to the TSO
Recommended educational background and skills
- University degree (preferably master’s degree) in law;
- Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian and EU energy market legislation;
- Fluent spoken and written Ukrainian and English (legal and gas transportation specifics);
- Preferably experience of working on complex international projects and on deals;
- Strategic thinking and leadership;
- Analytical skills;
Recommended professional experience
- 7+ years’ experience in a corporate legal function of the Gas/Energy industry company as a Head of Legal department, Senior Lawyer;
- Experience in Law firms or Legal consultancies is an advantage;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a line management function (incl. budget and personnel responsibilities);
- Experience relating to Ukrainian energy markets and energy market reform, Ukrainian state-owned enterprises, labor law disputes and the enforcement of claims;
- Preferably experience in international arbitration proceedings;
- Preferably experience in working for / with a Ukrainian gas network operator.
- Integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Self-motivated and self-starter/initiative;
- Ability to negotiate effectively and influence sensitively in cross-cultural setting;
- Strong organisational skills: ability to plan, and organise and manage self and others;
- Good leadership skills and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to overcome bureaucratic barriers;
- Orientation to detail;
- Ability to mediate and achieve consensus;
- Ability to work under pressure and under uncertainty;
Competitive Salary according to qualifications.
Please send your CV in English with Cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this role hr @mg.org.ua. Please specify the name of the position in the email subject.
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2018.